A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, and a lot of that...

Monday, May 30, 2011

The cynical Socrates!

Arriving back in the year 410 bc from a trip into 2009, I find my mentor Socrates roaming his vineyard with his pet goat "obama" in tow (a bit of irony). As I approach the wise soothsayer, he seems to be taken aback by my wardrobe. Clad in slacks, button down, and a tie, I realize his bewilderment.
"Gibsonious, are you planning on hanging yourself with that neck device?" He asked in a curious tone.
"Certainly not oh wise one," I reply, "I have come from the future and this is how they dress!"
"Is news you bring of the future a pleasent recital?"
"Well, perhaps you should sit down and let me get you some spirits before I begin!"