A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, and a lot of that...

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Indy 500...

Watching today, the four wheeled, motorized sporting event known as the Indy 500, It brought me back to my first chariot race as a rookie. I was rounding the fourth turn on the last lap of the Coliseum 200 in the lead, when disaster struck. Like the lad today, I was denied victory. A Christian, being chased by a lion, ran across the track and forced my team into the wall as I slid across the finish line in second place. Though disheartened, my sponser, Maximus Mufflers (no relation), stuck with me and I went on to win the Egyptian Grand Prix later that year, edging out the notorious Claude the Conquerer, by a nose. Perhaps JR Hildebrand`s heart breaking loss today, will be a stepping stone to a better tomorrow!