A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, and a lot of that...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Finally a lottery winner with enough sense to quit his job


Former Michigan rail worker claims $337M Powerball prize...Ever get tired of reading about the big money lottery winners who stand behind the podium and announce to the world how they will continue right along as if nothing had changed? Well me too. Finally a guy who 'gets it'. Not only did he retire, he told several family members to retire as well. "I`m kind of pissed at Uncle Sam," Donald Lawson quipped, referring to the huge chunk the government takes right off the top. Lawson described the moment he learned his life was about to change, when he checked the ticket he bought at a local Sunoco gas station for the Aug. 15 drawing.
"I started reading backwards, and lost my breath," Lawson said. The winning numbers were 6, 27, 46, 51, 56 and Powerball 21. I can relate to this, every time I get two numbers that match I am in shock, and the time I hit three was almost more than I could bare! Unfortunately my $7.00 winnings did not allow for my early retirement but they did purchase a nice poster of my future Lamborghini.