A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, and a lot of that...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Maintenance in progress - Domain switching disabled.

Here is my problem with the situation with Blogger...

Obviously for a week now, the ability to change ones domain from the @blogspot.com domain to a custom domain has been unavailable to users and is listed as 'under maintenance'...I understand that situations present themselves and unforeseen problems can occur. What I don`t understand is why Blogger continues to sell domain registrations as if all was well and a simple switch was in order for those who purchased registrations through their website that refers their purchases to Go-Daddy or other providers that they sponsor. I purchased my domain through Blogger last Friday and for three days I was left with a 'in transition' situation that quickly turned into an inability to view my blog at all, as if cast into a darkness with no answers. Finally after surfing through Google I was advised to switch back to my blogspot domain and this is where I have been stuck ever since. Go-Daddy has advised the problem is at Blogger, not with them. My question is...'How much longer is this situation going to go unresolved, and is there any ADULTS in charge who have the ability to rectify this problem?' A staff of software experts as large as Google has on hand leaves one feeling a bit squeamish as to an outage that lasts a solid week...WHAT IS GOING ON?