A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, and a lot of that...

Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Laptop has a Drinking Problem...

     In every man`s life there comes a time when the truth cannot be ignored, it must be faced, acknowledged, and confronted, regardless of consequence, irrelevant of cost. Today I find myself at such a crossroad, today reality has reared it`s ugly head and presented a truth that cannot be ignored, though painful and unpleasant, I come forward to seek help for my friend. It started as a few spilt beers, than a glass or two of wine, then slowly on to the harder stuff, as all habits progress along this hideous path, my friend was no exception.
     Sensing my laptop could have a problem, last night I put it to the test when least expecting, I dumped a full 16oz glass of redbull and vodka straight on it`s keyboard...to my horror it consumed it all, after a quick shutdown and a dose from the fire extinguisher to put out the residual fire I re-booted...it started a bit sluggish and slurred a few words in the voice recognition mode and then the worst of my fears came to be, a dancing, colorful scroll came across the screen...'Thanks, let`s party'...