Politics

A site that offers opinion, analysis, and commentary on today`s topics, trends and events. Plus a little of this, a lot of that, and some of those...

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The ever growing realities of the Facebook world...

     The pen bounced across the floor, coming to rest next to the startled dog who looked anxiously at his master slumped precariously over the desk. The pad, laden with a final writing, lay beneath the still figure, its words offering a cold reflection into the mind of a tortured soul. The room held an eerie silence as I slowly pushed open the heavy oak door, it groaned under its own weight as if in pain. A small dog sat nervously beside the figure draped over the desk, it remained cautious and made not a sound as I approached, sadness lacing its eyes as it carefully watched my every move. It offered no sign of aggression as I gently pulled the pad from beneath the victim and walked to the open window, the bright morning sunlight affording me an opportunity to view the message. As I carefully read its content, the situation slowly came into focus, I had seen it before, it was sadly becoming a common occurrence. It simply read..."Please do not wake me. I was up all night on Facebook...PS, walk the dog"!